As I powered on my laptop for another night of blogging and reading, I expected nothing different. Just another night. But as soon as I signed into my mailbox, a delightful surprise awaited me. Shreya Punj, the blogger who makes everyday life stories sound interesting, had awarded me the Liebster Award. My very first 🙂
In order to formally accept this award, the nominee must do several things
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated them.
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
5. Notify my nominees.
Shreya’s questions were:
- When did you start blogging and did you change tracks?
I started blogging in May 2013, on a friend’s insistence. I am unable to express my emotions through words and he thought it would be good for me. My first post was a letter I’d written to my best friend long before the blog was even conceptualized. The letter was lying unsent in my drafts folder, and now stands as Open letter to Best Friend on my blog.
2. Who is your favourite superhero?
My favourite superhero is Spiderman. His juggling between his college life, love life and superhero life makes him very real to me. All thanks to Toby Maguire. He’s not some super brawny person who looks like a conventional hero, but one of us.
3. What’s your favourite book?
Tough, tough, tough to pick out one. Hmm. J.K.Rowling, Louisa May Alcott, Dan Brown, Stephen King, John Grisham, Ruskin Bond, R.K.Narayan, Enid Blyton. Damn. I’m sure I’ve missed some out.
4.What’s your favourite dessert?
Hot chocolate cake with chocolate sauce.
5.If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
All the beaches in the world!
6.Who’s your celebrity crush?
None, really. I don’t develop crushes on inaccessible people.
7.What’s your biggest phobia?
Always being mediocre at everything.
8.If you had any superpower , what would it be?
Being able to read minds, obviously.
9.What’s one gadget you wish you owned?
10.Your favourite day-dream?
Bloggers I award the Liebster to:
- A mind-blowing blog created by people with such amazing imagination, I sometimes wonder if they have travelled back in time and are intellectually superior creatures.
- The fascinating way this woman writes makes me read her complete post if I read even the first two sentences. Deceptive simplicity.
- For the amazing pictures and for the jealousy he inspires in me. Sigh.
- For the amazing work this blog does – here are people who actually make a difference and do not blog just for selfish reasons.
- A very brave woman recovering from rape, having the strength to talk about her real feelings. Kudos.
- Because it’s so easy to relate to this blog.
- For being wacky and outrageous sometimes. And the intelligent name.
- For the simple poems that touch a chord in my heart.
- Because everybody loves book reviews. Cheers.
- For the food photography. Oh no I’m on a diet.
You all are awesome. Go ahead, enjoy your little moment of sunshine and carry forward the tradition of the Liebster.
Questions I’d like to ask you:
- The best and the worst thing about being whichever gender you are.
- The thing that feels best on your tongue.
- The most over-rated famous author.
- What inspires you to blog?
- The most beautiful word in the English language.
- Your favourite colour, and why.
- One good quality you have most people don’t know.
- When was the last time you trimmed your toenails? (Now, now, be honest!)
- Do you believe in God? Why/why not?
- Your first reaction on being awarded the Liebster.