A big thank you to Marry Santos over at Viver Para Contar for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I know, I know it has been a few months since you nominated me, Marry, procrastination just got the better of me! Plus non-fiction rattles my bones. What do I say about me? How do I say it? Let me instead tell you the story of this teetotaler girl in the bar. Or the girl who got a pixie cut and started being mistaken for a boy.
But, another time.
So the Very Inspiring Blogger Award is awarded to blogs you think inspire you. I attempted to define inspiration in one of my early posts, ‘A bird called inspiration’. It is indeed humbling that someone who doesn’t know me personally (the benefits of an anonymous blog, eh?) finds me inspiring in their day-to-day life. It’s a feeling that is humbling and proud at the same time.
So according to the rules,
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Marry, thank you again. I am not surprised you were nominated for this award, what with the wonderful photography and the thought-provoking posts you write. The most beautiful thing, I think, is the name of your blog itself. ‘Viver Para Contar’, dear readers, is Portuguese for ‘live to tell’. Marry does a much better job of explaining it here.
Now, seven fun facts about me. Um. Okay! (But your definition of fun is not the same as mine – so what’s fun, really? No, I’m not going to Google ‘define fun’, guys.)
- I love tasting the world with my tongue. My sense of taste. With closed eyes, I can differentiate between wood, iron, sand, mud, dust, chalk and many other things.
- Writing is one of my favourite mediums of escapism – unlike the other things; this one thankfully doesn’t have bad side effects.
- I love alone time, and I hate being alone too much. That sounds crazy, but it is true.
- Sarcasm is one of my favourite inside jokes (with myself). If you ask my friends, they’ll probably say I miss it a lot, but then that is the precise reason why I can use it with a straight face and get away with it.
- I wish I were good at writing humour. Or being humorous. I am a good unintentional joker, though. Also, I am easily amused. And I laugh like a hyena on steroids.
- I am a planner. I plan everything in my head. On paper. On Wunderlist. I love planning. It is my favourite timepass. Second favourite, actually. After daydreaming. I daydream about something, and then I plan it all out. Even if it’s never gonna happen.
- A lot of conversations with people happen in my head. I think I’m going to have a ‘Speak bullshit’ day where I will say exactly what I am saying in my head. It’ll be hilarious.
Now that that’s out of the way (whew), let’s get to the fun part! Nominating blogs that inspire me. Here they are, in no particular order:
- I challenge you to read the ‘About’ and not subscribe to this blog.
- For the time you can identify with the writer, and my love of quotes.
- For anybody who has loved and lost, click here. Simple, heart-wrenching poetry.
- For the emotional roller-coaster ride and the beauty of the abstract defined through definite words. Here.
- Because it is just impossible to pull away once you start reading this blog. Here. Also the image at the top. Love!
- The amazing, happy fearful, changing and heart-wrenching life of a Mom with a kid whose curly hair I absolutely adore. Here.
- For a young girl’s take on life that leaves you smiling. Here.
- Because if I die laughing, blame her.
- This blog for inspiring me in weak moments and making me want to be a better human being.
- For the awesome drawings, and calling a spade a spade. Here.
- OH MY GOD. THE PHOTOGRAPHY. Here.
- For just her candid way of sharing her life. Here.
- Just pictures and cartoons from across the web. Entertainment and realizations in one place. Here.
- For the detailing in the prose. Goosebumps inducing. Literally. Here.
- This is like reading someone’s diary. Leaves you intrigued. Here.
Get readin’! And the blogs nominated above, follow the rules and spread the love!